FIXED ASSETS/REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
The management of Tanzania Portland Cement PLC is inviting for applications from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in the below provided position.
Number of Position(s): 1 position.
Reports to: CHIEF ACCOUNTANT
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance, or any other relevant field
- Knowledgeable of accounting standards, CPA will be an added advantage
- Prior experience in the fixed assets management will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in Excel, strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong ability to work individually or in a team setting
Specific Knowledge:Accuracy, good in Computer, analytical skills, communication, leadership, innovative, cost consciousness, multi-tasking, Energetic, Safety knowledge, etc.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record fixed assets by creating and supervising a system of procedures, forms, and controls.
- Recommend updates to accounting policies affecting fixed assets to management.
- Allocate tag numbers to fixed assets to effectively track them from time to time.
- Record in the accounting system newly acquired fixed assets and those disposed.
- Track, compile, and record project costs in fixed assets accounts; close out the accounts at the completion of the projects.
- Perform reconciliation of fixed asset register with the general ledger.
- Perform depreciation calculation for all the fixed assets.
- Carry out periodic reviews on intangible and non-intangible assets' impairment
- Prepare a plan for assets verification, lead the physical assets verification exercise.
- Recommend fixed assets that should be disposed-off to management.
- As may be requested by management, perform the related fixed assets analysis
- Create fixed asset schedules for reporting and auditing purposes
- Assist in the preparation of monthly Group reports and KPIs
- Prepare cost center reports for distribution to the heads of departments
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- OSHA compliance as per company requirements, Safety Observation & Reporting
Area of Responsibility:
As assigned by supervisor
Mode of Application:Application cover letter, detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, email and/or telephone contacts, names and addresses of three (3) referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certifacates if you are contacted for interviews. (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES ON EMAIL)
Deadline for the application is 21st June 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
TWIGA CEMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO CHARGES APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.